Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good Shape Utility and Playing Some Go!

I am very happy to report that my wife and kids have returned from their trip to Thailand. And I am even more happy to report that in the last week I have played 4 games of Go with Richie, 2 games with Alyssa, and even 4 games with Dee. (I hope they all get addicted... MuuwhHaaaaHaaaHaaaHaaHaaaaaaa).

Everyone really likes the new board and stones I bought so I think that's helped my cause. So far all games are on 13x13 and we have played both regular go and Ponnuki Go which I think is a great way to ease new players into the game. (More on this later).

Anyway, on this happy occasion I've realized that I had not found a way to post a Go record on this website.

After a little bit of search, the only suitable application I found is Good Shape courtesy of Hiroki Mori (http://playgo.to). Since I don't have a game record yet from my family games, I've decided to post a historically famous game.

The game is Ito Showa 6d (White) vs. Kuwahara Shusaku 1d (Black). Shusaku is regarded by many to be one of the greatest players of the pre-modern period. In this game he is 11 yrs. old. According to my score estimator Shusaku is ahead by 3 points at the end of the game.








I will record the next game I play with the kids to give an idea of how their young minds approach the game. I'll throw in some with Dee if she let's me too which is an interesting comparison. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to make the board 13x13 so I'll have to fudge it.

No comments:

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide